Spring has arrived! You can save the world between March 28th and Aprill 22nd. Are you up for the challenge? Cool People Care is sponsoring the EH2ED (Earth Hour to Earth Day) Challenge. From Earth Hour (celebrated around the world on March 28th at 8:30 PM) to Earth Day (internationally recognized on April 22nd) CPC will be sending out special edition emails, highlighting organizations, programs, initiatives, and resources that can help each of us to develop eco-friendly habits and behaviors that hopefully will translate into life-long commitments. In 3 and a half weeks [26 days, 624 hours, 37,440 minutes, 2,446,400 seconds] – YOU can make a huge difference.
Naturally, I wanted Life Without Pants to be a part of the challenge – so I am in turn challenging all of you to get involved and make some changes in your own life, because ‘going green’ is more than an idea, it’s a personal commitment to change, and it takes a spark to start a fire.
Starting today, and until Earth Hour (8:30 PM on March 28th) we’ll be celebrating ‘Green Week’ here at Life Without Pants. For the next 8 days we’ll get ‘down to earth’ and focus on all things good for the environment with a new (eco-informative) post EVERY DAY. Hopefully, by the time Earth Hour rolls around next weekend, you’ll be fully armed with an arsenal of awesome environment-saving tricks up your sleeve.
So now that I’ve built some suspense, what about the promised ‘Free Stuff’? As many of you know, in the relatively short existence of Life Without Pants, we have established a great community and have had many a-good discussion. I only want the community to continue in it’s growth and development to a point where you folks are just as involved as I am. In conjunction with Cool People Care’s EH2ED campaign, I’ve got a few sweet giveaways to reward you for going green, sharing the sustainable love, and getting yourself and others involved in the Life Without Pants community.
How to Enter (Get Involved)
- Leave a comment in THIS thread sharing one green idea/website/organization that we should all be aware of. Share an eco-friendly business to follow on Twitter, give one (or many) tips on going green ourselves, or just share your story on what commitment your making to save our planet. Only one comment per day in this thread will be counted for entry – but feel free to post as often as you want! (8 entries possible). I’ll be compiling the list of responses for a new ‘Green’ page to be added as a permanent resource here at LWP. Secure your place in LWP history and get involved!
- Subscribe to the ‘LWP Post’ (Life Without Pants email list). For those of you who’ve already done this, you’re one step ahead of the game!
- Referr other people to sign up for the ‘LWP Post’ – each referral is worth one entry – no limit here, 100 referrals = 100 entries, 1,000 = 1,000. You get the idea. (THE best way to pile up entries for a prize!). Please, no fake emails. We’ll use the honor system here.
- Comment on ANY ‘Green Week’ post. One comment will be counted per post per day, but don’t let that limit you’re involvement. The more the merrier! This is simply to limit those folks who might take advantage and comment over and over to rack up entries. Play nice people!
Prizes Up for Grabs
(1) ‘Da Grand Prize: Cool People Care ‘Recycle’ t-shirt + New Day Poster Combo (Set of 3 Posters) + Today is a New Day’ book – Awarded to the person who is the MOST ACTIVE overall (combines comments and referrals) during ‘Green Week’. To win this sweet prize pack courtesy of Cool People Care, get involved in discussions and tell your friends, family, and coworkers to sign up for the LWP post (make sure they include you as the reference). The person with the most activitey over the next week will win this killer CPC tri-fecta!
(2) ‘Second Best is still Pretty Great’ Prize: WE ADD UP t-shirt of your choice ($20 value). Winner to be chosen during random drawing. Trust me, you want this shirt. You’ll raise awareness and look cool doing it. Each t-shirt is individually numbered so no two tee’s will ever be the same! To learn more about becoming an affiliate of WE ADD UP, head over here.
(3) Third ‘Last but certinley not least’ Prize: Cool People Care ‘Peace’ t-shirt + Set of 25 Recycled Greeting Cards. Break out this t-shirt just in time for spring, and send a greeting card to a loved one for Easter, a birthday, or maybe just because. Winner to be chosen during random drawing.
The Mighty (Not-So) Fine Print
That’s three (3) chances to win some pretty sweet (and eco-friendly) swag! Remember, the more entries you have, the better your chances of winning! Get involved, help our community grow, encourage participation, inspire others to make changes in their daily routine – and we’ll reward you for it. Simple as that. Winners will be announced for each prize on MONDAY, MARCH 30, right here at Life Without Pants.
Note: To keep things spicy, there may be a few ‘bonus prize’ opportunities – These opportunities will be announced randomly so keep checking back throughout the week for your chance to win a little something extra. Just for being here and being you! (All prizes are organic and eco-friendly).
For more information on Cool People Care’s EH2ED campaign (and how you can score a free copy of Sam Davidson’s book, New Day Revolution) head over to their website and sign up to take part in the challenge TODAY! Special thanks to Cool People Care for partnering with Life Without Pants. You guys rock!