As I often do around here at Life Without Pants, I’m taking the liberty to somewhat reinvent what Friday Quick Hits is all about . Rather than a simple recap of my favorite posts from around the web, it’s my goal to highlight one awesome, bad-ass, totally rad, tubular (yes, tubular) thing that I’ve found that week. Something that you would be silly not to check out yourself – and something that I’m almost positive you’ll love as much as I did. Without further ado…let the revamped Friday Quick Hits begin…
This Week’s Best of the Best: ‘Learn Something New Every Day‘
Learn Something Every Day is a self initiated daily project by UK based design studio Young. Young is a studio adept in brand identity development, illustration, print and interactive design.
I initially stumbled across Young and their ‘Learn Something New Every Day’ campaign when searching for an image for a blog post here on LWP and, as I often do, I stumbled across some gems worth bookmarking.
With ‘Learn Something New Everyday’ you’ll do just that…learn something new, be it totally ridiculous (usually the case), hilarious, informative, or a combination of all three, every single day.
For example did you know…
- North Korea isn’t on Google Maps
- Chickens can suffer from depression
- That the Bible didn’t say the forbidden fruit was an apple
Yeah, me neither. Check out Learn Something New Everyday for your daily dose of informational humor. Love what the guys at Young are doing.
And in case you missed it, some great reads from around the web this week:
- Learn to Fall…Off Your High Horse | Brass Tack Thinking
- Want More Readers? Try Expanding Your Internet Universe | CopyBlogger
- Stagnation & Self-Righteousness | Danny Brown
- The N. 1 Way to Build a Successful Business | Escaping the 9 to 5
- The Most Important Trait of an Entrepreneur | Location 180
- Who Knew a Desk Could Mean So Much | Pursuing Our Passion