Hard to believe it, but 2011 is coming to a close. Where has the year gone? I’ll be spending a good part of the month on vacation, taking some time to unplug, recharge, think things through, and approach 2012 full speed ahead. What do you have on deck this month?
Each week I recap some of the best things I’ve read/seen/heard from around the web. I also get you up to date on what you may have missed here on the blog. It’s perfect “right-before-the-weekend-already-checked-out-at-work-on-a-Friday-afternoon” reading.
Best From Around the Web
- What’s the worst thing that can happen to me? – Nina Yau, who I had the pleasure of meeting last year before she really took of toward where she is today, asks the very, very important question, “What’s my worst case scenario”. As I talk to people looking to make big transitions and changes in their life, personal or professional, this one question is absolutely critical.
- Archer unveils new office – Mostly, I’m including this because I want to work (and live) in this office. Me likey.
- All You Need is Love – My friend Elisa is bringing back her “All You Need is Love” series on her blog. If you haven’t been a part of the series the past couple years, I highly encourage you to get involved. (Also, check out my post from a couple years back)
- A great way to give thanks – Seth Godin helps put into perspective that you, and I, and everyone else who has the opportunity to read this, is in a spot that thousands would do anything to be in. Don’t waste the opportunities in front of you.
- The One Page Career “Cheat Sheet” – Do you like your job? Do you like what you do? Sarah Peck has drawn up a career “cheat sheet” (that you can download as a PDF). Check it out, ask yourself the questions, and maybe gain a little clarity.
- NaBloPloMo Goals and Milestones – November was a big month for Laura – both online and off. One of the key takeaways for bloggers? Don’t worry about writing epic blog posts. Keep it simple. Don’t self edit yourself (see my post on that from last week). Just write.
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (soundtrack) – If you read this blog often, you know I have a crush on two things: Saved by the Bell and Trent Reznor. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo looks to be one of the best remakes ever (though you really SHOULD see the originals) – and the soundtrack/score orchestrated by T. Rez (we go way back) will no doubt be awesome.
- Why Girls Don’t Want Careers in Tech – An interesting piece on FastCompany about women working in the field of technology (or the lack there of) and why it will be up to us to raise our daughters to be uber-good at coding.
- Best About Pages – My company (Proof) was featured on bestaboutpages.com. We’re honored to be included with such sexy company.
Life Without Pants Week in Review
- Finish With a Bang – As 2011 comes to a close, how will you finish the year with a bang and walk into 2012 with momentum?
- Constrained Freedom – Why, in a world that craves freedom, rules, restrictions, and constraints (within reason) are critically important.
- Ninja Turtles. Mom(s). Catholicism. Equality. – My personal story of growing up with a gay Mom and a conservative Dad. What it taught me about life, acceptance, change, faith, and equality.