Hello and Happy Friday from someone who can’t believe we’re less than a week away from Thanksgiving! How did that happen? At this time next week, I’ll be taking part in the annual tradition of Black Friday shopping with my cousins. The only other brave souls who would dare attempt to deal with those crazy post-turkey-and-dressing-induced-food-come folk with me at 5am. Who’s with me?
Each week I recap some of the best things I’ve read/seen/heard from around the web. I also get you up to date on what you may have missed here on the blog. It’s perfect “right-before-the-weekend-already-checked-out-at-work-on-a-Friday-afternoon” reading.
Best From Around the Web
- Generation Make – This is a great, great piece over on Techcrunch that summarize so well what my generation is all about. Debunking some of the stereotypes and recognizing others in a real, honest, optimistic way. We are a generation of makers, creators, and doers. (Also read this: Generation Sell)
- What’s Your Story? – Great brands and individuals are great because they have a compelling story to tell. A story that’s relatable and distinct. One’s that inspire and bring others into something that’s larger than themselves.
- The hard work is worth it – I speak frequently about the value of hard work. Hard work is the key to success and the opening of doors to great things. I love Sarah’s take on hard work – and her relentless pursuit to try new things and constantly learn. We should all follow in these ambitious footsteps.
- On Not White-Lying by Omission: 12 Mini Confessions – What’s the life of a twenty-something entrepreneur really like, behind the scenes? Let Jenny Blake share some (very true) insight into the day to day.
Life Without Pants Week in Review
- A Generation of Creators. Makers. Doers – Welcome to a generation that doesn’t simply ask “what” or “why” but instead, seeks to find their own path and create their own solutions.
- Plans vs. Missions – In which I discuss the difference (and there is a difference) between plans vs. missions. What are you working towards? What matters most? What’s your mission?
- The End of the World As We Know It – The world around us is (constantly) changing. The question isn’t, “Will things change”, the question is “Are you keeping up?”
- Doubting Your Capacity – Are you overwhelmed? Too much on your plate? Be refocusing and reshifting priorities, and making time for yourself, you can begin to eliminate “overwhelmed” from your vocabulary (because let’s be honest, it’s just about the worst feeling ever).