If you know me or this blog at all – you know that I rarely use this space as a billboard for advertising and PR. But because this was far from a bad blog pitch - because Julie Roads took the time to build a relationship with me long before ever asking me to help with promotion – and because this contest is in conjunction with an outstanding cause – I’m happy to be a part of this.
Unless you’ve been sleeping under a rock for the past year or two, you’ve probably heard of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”. No? Go read the books and if you’ve got an indie film house in your neighborhood, go catch the films (the final chapter of the trilogy is due out at the end of this month).
The story is by far one of the most compelling I’ve come across in print or on the big screen in some time – and the series is WILDLY popular overseas. Do yourself a favor and catch the original Swedish series before they surely butcher it in the American conversion.
To the point: Music Box Films and RAINN (Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network) are offering the opportunity for an internship with one of their organizations. This is an outstanding opportunity to positively impact the world through the power of film, or in working with those who are passionate and committed to preventing sexual assault – a topic at the forefront of the Dragon Tattoo series?
To compete for one of these internships at Music Box Films or RAINN, hopefuls must write and submit an essay (400-600 words) that explains:
- Which company they would like to internship with and why
- Why they should get the internship in terms of –
- The Millennium Trilogy Films’ impact on their life
- Their future goals
The contest team will filter the essays and provide each company with the top 5-10 candidates interested in interning with them. Once the company has chosen a candidate, they will negotiate the terms and timing of the internship to their mutual benefit. You must be 20-29 years old to enter. U.S. residents only.
Additional Prizes include:
- A Visit to Author Stieg Larsson’s Sweden (including round-trip economy air transportation for two to Stockholm on Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) and passes to explore Larsson’s Stockholm. SAS operates non-stop service to Stockholm from New York (Newark) and Chicago, and non-stop to Copenhagen from Chicago, New York (Newark) and Washington, D.C. You’ll also enjoy luxury accommodations for three nights in the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel plus one night at the Seglarhotellet in Sandhamn in the Stockholm archipelago).
- IPad (because who doesn’t want one of those) – When you submit your entry, you will also be entered with a chance to win an Apple iPad. Winners will be chosen at random from all entrants.
- FlipCam (I know, love and personally use the a Flip) - When you submit your entry, you will also be entered with a chance to win an Apple iPad. Winners will be chosen at random from all entrants.
For more information on the contest and the films – visit the official website.
(I have not been compensated in any way for publishing this – the films are great – I wouldn’t lie – and this is an outstanding offer to raise awareness for a great organization)