Many of us have probably had a spiritual vision in our lives before. A moment in which we have seen or experienced something we can’t quite explain. Regardless of your belief background, we can all appreciate the intimacy and connection one can develop within their own faith. Likewise, those of the Christian faith believe that the Lord and Jesus are everywhere and anywhere, and can materialize in any form at any time, after all, a supreme being has no limits, right? But, doesn’t the line have to be drawn somewhere? Haven’t believers gone just a tad off the deep end when they are confessing that their Cheeto represents the son of God? Or that Jesus has bestowed upon a family the miracle of fixing their freezer’s ice maker?
I came across this video below, and am still dumbfounded by it. Locally, here in Nashville, there is the mysterious legend of the ‘Nun Bun’ – so I know about this food-vision anomaly first hand. I love how so many news stations are reporting these stories. It’s like there is a huge archive of Jesus-in-food-or-other-inanimate-object video clips for stations to use on those days when there is virtually nothing else to report. It’s great – and you know what, it may seem ridiculous, but bravo to all of these people for bringing a little bit of the Lord into their lives, whether it be in a fish stick or a piece of plywood.
Finally Tonight, Jesus. Yet Another ‘Savior Sighting’
Jesus shown materialized in: Grilled cheese sandwhiches, windows, tree bark, fish sticks, cats, ultrasounds, salsa, cinnamon buns, buckets of filth, telephone poles, pancakes, toast, cement, plywood, folded shirts, inside the TV, clouds, waffles, frying pans, silverware, moths, human flesh, turtle shells, rocks, grapes, ice cream, dirty sinks, potato chips, breath mints, and during storm chases in the ‘land of God’.
Here’s to hoping that, whatever you do today, builds your own personal faith. And remember, people who ride motorcycles should believe in God.
And Around the Web We Go!
- Take the Earth Hour to Earth Day Challenge: Small changes = BIG IMPACT
- The Work Pyramid: How are you spending your time at work? (holytaco.com)
- If you’re planning a trip to Vegas, take this guy’s words of wisdom (break.com)
- Meat Cake’s. Porkgasms. Your first class ticket to a sure heart attack
- Snuggie Sightings. Photos. Videos. A bonafide Snuggie mainframe
- Nerd Merit Badges: Awesome and huge future potential
- U2 ‘Spider Man’ Musical Swinging onto Broadway. Speechless
- Zombie Apocalypse! Truth Revealed (Trailer for Lost Zombies community generated film)
- Shulz City: Frank Miller meets Charlie Brown (So Frickin’ Cool)
- Looking for something to do this weekend for St. Patty’s Day? (for Nashville peeps)
‘Friday Five’ Twitter Roundup (You should be following these folks, if you aren’t already)
- @coolpeoplecare [Saving the World, 5 minutes at a time]
- @jamievaron [Entrepeneur and visionary behind twittershouldhireme.com]
- @Newcastle [Tasty brew]
- @TitansMCM [Music City Miracles – Tennessee Titans Blog]
- @wordpulse [Daily podcast of wordpress advice/tips/tricks]
Contribute to Next Weeks Awesome Friday: As a celebration of the end of the work week, we invite you to take a little break with us every every Friday morning here at Life Without Pants. But, it’s only as awesome as YOU make it. If you find something that people should see; a funny video or picture, an awesome or unusual news story, a cause or event that you would like to raise awareness about, shoot me an email or find me on twitter [@mattcheuvront] and I’ll get you up on the next week’s installment. Thanks for coming by, tell your friends, and have an AWESOME FRIDAY!