Every Friday here at Life Without Pants is an Awesome Friday! As we celebrate the end of the work week and kick of the weekend, we’ll take a look at some of the most random and hilarious news and media dug up from around the web + promote and recognize some local and global initiatives. It could be something serious, it most likely will be funny, but it will always make you think, and sometimes make you ask yourself, ‘WTF?’. So make LWP part of your Friday-morning routine; right here is the place to be for your five-minute dose of hilarity and enlightenment.
This week we feature: NON ALCOHOLIC VODKA?
Yes, pregnant women and underage teenagers rejoice! Now you can enjoy the burning sensation and undeniable flavor of pure vodka without the alcohol! I tried to put my finger on this, but I have to say: What’s the point? Honestly? Why bother drinking vodka at all if you’re not going to feel any effects from it? Not that I am condoning drunken-ness, but if I am going to struggle sipping down such a foul-tasting beverage, I want to be rewarded for my efforts with at least a little buzz. We already have a plethora of brews that have been neutered of their potency for the sake of preserving flavor. Non-alcoholic beer, decaffeinated coffee, tea, and soda. But at least for the sake of argument these still have a good taste (debatable but work with me here). But non-alcoholic vodka? I just can’t see their being ANY demand for this. This just reinforces that nothing should ever surprise us. If it can be done, thy will be done!
And Around the Web We Go!
- Take Action Against Global Warming in TN
- Man Shoots TV After Cable is Shut Off (Newsvine)
- Watchman = Awesome! Watchmen + Condoms = Awesome? (filmdrunk)
- Quite Possibly the Creepiest Thing I’ve Ever Seen (holytaco)
- The Newest Mixed Drink Craze? Mcnuggitinis! (Thanks @MondayNight)
- New U2 Album ‘Leaked’ in Australia. What Does This Say About the Music Bizz? (Forbes)
- Captain Picard is A Bad-Ass. Here’s Why. Engage! (youtube)
- Obama Sushi!!! (Thanks @TChed)
- As an update to my post earlier this week, Janes + NIN headlining Sasquatch Festival.
As always, if you find something that you think other people should see – a funny video or picture, an awesome or unusual news story, a cause or event that you would like to raise awareness about, shoot me an email or find me on twitter [contact info in the 'About Me' section] and I’ll get you up on the next week’s dose of Awesome Friday! Have a great day and a great weekend!