Every Friday here at Life Without Pants is an Awesome Friday! As we celebrate the end of the work week and kick of the weekend, we’ll take a look at some of the most random and hilarious news and media dug up from around the web + promote and recognize some local and global initiatives. It could be something serious, it most likely will be funny, but it will always make you think, and sometimes make you ask yourself, ‘WTF?’. So make LWP part of your Friday-morning routine; right here is the place to be for your five-minute dose of hilarity and enlightenment.
This week we pay tribute to: Spam Emails
Did you read the above email? Please, do yourself a favor and go read it again then come back, I’ll be right here waiting. Good? Make sense? Yeah, I didn’t think so. Somewhere around 2:30pm yesterday afternoon this gem fell into my inbox at work. Now 98% of the time, I immediately delete messages like this without even giving it a second thought. But this one promised ‘Moree orgasms’ (with two ‘E’s) so I had to at least see what I was missing. Little did I know I would fall deep into a cryptic, irrational, incoherent message of epic proportions! Go read it again, seriously – every time you do you will pull something else from this that is even more awesome and bizarre than your last run through.
- Observation 1: Past the headline of ‘New Orgaasm Enhancer’ – again going the two vowel route, there is absolutely nothing said about enhancing any said orgasms; but props for suckering me in here.
- Observation 2: It wants’ me to CLICK HERE – and while it’s tempting, I would rather spare my hard drive from exploding. Nice try.
- Observation 3: Here’s where the fun really begins. The body of the email is poetry at it’s absolute finest. I honestly cannot even break it down – the police will have to come, then there is the fallacy on jackpots and smearing himself at the pie counter (maybe this IS somehow about enhanced orgasms after all!). Archness toward roland? I think if you say this out loud in a mirror 3 times you’ll regret it. Then, of course, there is the oaken walking stick which also showed. Right, perfectly sane.
Will someone please explain this to me? I can’t wrap my mind around it at all – but in the end, it doesn’t really matter. It’s perfectly confusing and ‘Sandy Doller’ expertly leaves it up to the reader for interpretation. Granted, my orgasms were not enhanced and I’ve got a headache from trying to de-code, but you have to appreciate craftsmanship like this. Next time, think twice before deleting that spam message. Take it in for what it’s worth, and then delete it immediately because it probably contains a virus.
And Around the Web We Go!
- In Case You Have Ignored My Shameless Plugs All Week, the Pantsless Podcast is Online!
- And Now You Can Also Subscribe to the Pantsless Podcast on Itunes
- The 50 Most Popular Celebrities on Twitter
- The Straight-to-DVD Sequel to the Modern Cult Classic, Donnie Darko
- IM Conversation Between Captain Planet and the ‘Heart’ Kid
- And I Thought the Snuggie Was Bad. Introducing, Straight Out of 1987, The Slim Suit!
- Will Smith Makes a ‘Boom Goes the Dynamite’ Reference. Awesome
- And in Case You Don’t Know Where ‘Boom Goes the Dynamite’ Originated
- Top 50 ‘WTF’ Moments in Comics
- I Mentioned it in the Podcast, but it’s Awesome. And yes, It’s Coming to Nashville!
- Yes, I do have a slight man crush on Trent Reznor, and this was too good to pass up
As always, if you find something that you think other people should see – a funny video or picture, an awesome or unusual news story, a cause or event that you would like to raise awareness about, shoot me an email or find me on twitter [contact info in the ‘About Me’ section] and I’ll get you up on the next week’s dose of Awesome Friday! Have a great day and a great weekend!